And people certainly listen to us. But there’s only so many different ways we can tell our story. We realize that this message means a lot more if it’s being told by more people.
So we want to hear from you. What does marriage ministry mean to you? What stories can you tell about the impact that marriage ministry has made in your church?
Send Us Your Videos
We’re looking for church leaders who are willing to shoot a quick video and send it to us to be shared with others.
Think you’re up for the task? Here’s what we’re looking for.
What should the video be of?
You! Specifically, you talking to the camera about one (or more) of these things.
- Why you started working at your church
- A story of the impact your marriage ministry has had
- How you first heard about MarriedPeople
- How MarriedPeople has helped your ministry
- Your favorite marriage resource
- Why other churches should think about using MarriedPeople
- A word of encouragement to other church leaders
How can I shoot the video?
Whatever way works for you. These days, everyone has a high-powered camera in their pocket, so shooting the video on your phone is perfectly acceptable. Just be sure to turn the phone sideways (landscape) to remove those black bars when the video gets shared online.
You can also use the webcam on your computer, if it has one. The most important thing is to make sure you’ve got enough light and you’re shooting in a quiet place. We can’t use any videos where we can’t see or hear you!
How long should the video be?
Ideally, about 2-3 minutes long. But it can be as long as it takes you to tell your story.
How do I share the video with you?
There are so many ways, but here are the best suggestions:
- Upload them at this Dropbox link
- Upload it to YouTube or Vimeo and email the link to email@example.com
- Post it to our private Facebook group (be sure to join if you’re not already a member)
Be sure to include your name and what church you’re from. We want to make sure we know who you are, especially in case we want to send you a special treat!
What are you going to do with the videos?
We’re going to share them with other church leaders who need to hear them! That means uploading them to our website and social media platforms. We may even feature some at our conferences.
By sharing your video with us, you’re giving us permission to share it publicly. But we also don’t want you to feel uncomfortable. You can always contact us if you change your mind.
We also reserve the right to edit the videos for content or format, as needed. But don’t worry—we’ll be sure to keep the spirit of what you’re trying to say.
Why should I send you my video?
- The prestige of being featured on the MarriedPeople channels
- To help other churches find out about us and do their part to help marriages
- Because we just might send you some cool MarriedPeople swag if we like your video
Are you ready to share your story with other churches?
Married People exists to help your church help marriages. We provide resources, training, and community to church leaders who work with marriages and families.
Subscribe For Email Updates
Did you like this blog post? Want to get our latest monthly blogs delivered directly to your email inbox?
Sign up and we will add you to our email list! And we won't send you and spam—we promise.