Orange Conference 2019
Speakers: Ted Lowe & Dave Safstrom
- Marriage is still the reflection of Christ and the Church.
- Marriage is a spiritual issue.
- One of the best gifts your church can give a kid is a mom and dad whose marriage is thriving.
- Or step parents whose marriage is thriving.
- Or foster parents whose marriage is thriving.
- Or grandparents whose marriage is thriving.
- Or youth leaders whose marriage is thriving.
- 59% of Christians disconnect either permanently or for an extended period of time from church life after age 15. —Barna Research
- 1996: 9% identified as “nones.”
2016: 19% identified as “nones.” —Barna Research
- Millennials top two priorities (according to Pew Research)
- To be a great parent
- To have a great marriage
- Marriage isn’t seen as urgent by the church, but it’s still important.
- You are voting no everyone when you say we can’t do marriage ministry.
- Don’t say no because of a lack of time, resources, or leaders.
- Deficit mentality: “We don’t have enough.”
Strategic Scarcity: “Let’s work with what we have.”
- “Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. . . But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.” —1 Corinthians 12:12, 18-20
- Things to Know:
- Talk with Misty Phillips, Married People Orange Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the Marriage Ministry Starter Kit in the Orange Store: marriedpeople.org/closer
- Get a free month of MarriedPeople Membership : marriedpeople.org/ItsPersonal
- Join the Married People Leaders Facebook Group: https://facebook.com/groups/MarriedLeaders/
Married People exists to help your church help marriages. We provide resources, training, and community to church leaders who work with marriages and families.
Subscribe For Email Updates
Did you like this blog post? Want to get our latest monthly blogs delivered directly to your email inbox?
Sign up and we will add you to our email list! And we won't send you and spam—we promise.