Orange Conference 2017- Breakout Notes
Wednesday, April 26th 3:00-4:15pm
Speakers: Todd Graham (@Toddgraham83) & Ted Lowe (@tedlowe)
Why Date Nights?
- Date nights are what couples have asked for and understand
- Date nights help couples laugh
- Date nights help couples affirm each other
- Date nights help couples know each other
- Date nights give couples relational wins
- On-Site pick up
- Online download
- On-Site pick up And Online download combo
5 Things That Will Make or Break Your Individual Couple Experiences
- Male and Female friendly: promo and presentation
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Follow Up: email reminders, posters, promote the rest of the strategy.
- Monthly Email
Why Small Groups?
- Small Groups create community
- Small Groups promote accountability
- Small Groups stimulate faith
- Start One
- Be Flexible
- Highlight One
6 Things That Will Make or Break Your Small Group Experiences
- Reluctant but willing leaders.
- The time factor
- The guy factor
- Easy Application
Show an example of an exercise
LARGER GROUP EXPERIENCES
- Larger Group Experiences help to elevate marriage
- Larger Group Experiences help normalize struggle and hope
- Larger Group Experiences an opportunity to promote laugher and fun
- Larger Group Experiences make it easier to be male (and female) friendly
- Larger Group Experiences create a platform for a relevant message
- Larger Group Experiences give you opportunities to promote next steps
- Larger Group Experiences are great for outreach
- One-night events
- Weekend retreats (away from church)
- Weekend retreats (at church)
- Sunday services
6 Things That Will Make or Break Your Large Group Experiences
- Look and Feel
- Choosing live or video teaching
Check out the MarriedPeople Annual Strategy Pack at https://marriedpeople.org/strategypack
Ted Lowe is a speaker and the director of MarriedPeople, the marriage division at Orange. Ted is the author of two books—one for marriage ministry leaders (Married People: How Your Church Can Build Marriages That Last) and one for married couples (Your Best US: Marriage Is Easier Than You Think). He served for almost 10 years as the director of MarriedLife at North Point Community Church. He lives near Atlanta, Georgia, with his four favorite people: his wife, Nancie, and their three children.
Subscribe For Email Updates
Did you like this blog post? Want to get our latest monthly blogs delivered directly to your email inbox?
Sign up and we will add you to our email list! And we won't send you and spam—we promise.