The 2018 Orange Conference is right around the corner! This year’s theme is ONE VOICE: We Can Do More Together. Sounds like a pretty good slogan for both ministry AND marriage.
As always, there will be plenty of marriage breakouts happening at the conference. We hope that you’ll join us for as many of these as possible. These are some of the best ways to learn more about our resources and how you can impact local marriages.
And be sure to stop by the MarriedPeople booth to meet us and ask any questions you might have. You’ll also be able to pick up tons of our resources from the conference store. It’s gonna be awesome.
MARRIED PEOPLE INTERACTIVE
- TIME SLOT: Wednesday April 25, 9:30-10:30 am
- SPEAKER: Ted Lowe
- ABOUT: When it comes to marriage, every day is full of challenges and victories. And to be honest, just getting out the door Sunday morning can put most marriages to the test. That’s why you need MarriedPeople, the marriage division of Orange! Join us to explore creative planning, tips, tools, and resources to start your marriage ministry or take it to the next level.
MARRIAGE MINISTRY 201
- TIME SLOT: Wednesday April 25, 11 am-noon
- SPEAKER: Ted Lowe
- ABOUT: So you already have an established marriage ministry in your church, and you’re ready to take it to the next level. But what more is there than one-night events, weekend retreats, and the occasional date night? In this breakout, you’ll discover how to leverage research, practice methods, and craft messaging that will span the millennial bridge into your church.
VOLUNTEER-LED MARRIAGE MINISTRY
- TIME SLOT: Wednesday, April 25, 3-4:15 pm
- SPEAKER: Todd Graham
- ABOUT: Married people make up a big portion of your church, but that doesn’t mean your church has the resources to employ a full-time marriage pastor. However, that’s no reason the couples in your church can’t experience a thriving marriage ministry. Join us in this breakout as we unpack how to lead, recruit, train, and empower volunteers to lead the marriage ministry in your church.
- TIME SLOT: Thursday, April 26, 10:45-11:45 am
- SPEAKER: Ted Lowe
- ABOUT: MarriedPeople is the marriage division of Orange. It’s a foundational Orange concept that what happens at home is just as important as what happens at church. We get that with kids, but it’s also true for the married couples in your church. Because as any married couple can tell you—disconnection happens easily, connection takes intention. Your church can be strategic in helping couples connect. This breakout will walk you through some ways your church can be marriage heroes and impact couples inside your church and in your community.
HOW TO COMBINE PARENTING AND MARRIAGE MINISTRY TO REACH MILLENNIALS
- TIME SLOT: Thursday April 26, 1:15 – 2:15 pm
- SPEAKERS: Sherry Surratt & Ted Lowe
- ABOUT: So your church has a thriving marriage ministry. And your family ministry is knocking it out of the park partnering with parents. But imagine the impact you could have if your teams capitalized on the crossover between these two groups. By aligning your church’s marriage and parenting strategies with one voice, you can do more to reach the next generation. Join us in this breakout as we unpack how.
DOING MINISTRY TOGETHER
- TIME SLOT: Thursday, April 26, 3-4 pm
- SPEAKERS: Geoff & Sherry Surratt
- ABOUT: This breakout isn’t a how-to guide to create a model marriage; it’s more like coffee with friends who’ve been where you are going and have learned some lessons that may help you find your way. You’ll walk away with some practical tools the Surratts have discovered in 35 years of marriage and ministry together, showing how to thrive in ministry while loving your spouse and raising a family.
MARRIAGE EVENTS OVERHAUL
- TIME SLOT: Thursday, April 26, 4:45-5:45 pm
- SPEAKER: Ted Cunningham
- ABOUT: Married couples are busy, and sometimes it can feel like a literal song and dance is necessary to get them to come to your church’s marriage event. After all, whatever “free” time they have is often reserved for sweatpants and Netflix. But that doesn’t mean couples aren’t interested in what you have to say. With an authentic, fun-filled night that escapes from being boring, preachy, and outdated, your church can help marriages in your church and your community.